Filta-Max®—World Leader for the Capture and Recovery of Cryptosporidium and Giardia
The unique capture and recovery technology of the Filta-Max system has made it the number one Cryptosporidium and Giardia filter in the world.
Filta-Max consistantly recovers greater than 70% of target organisms.
US EPA Method 1623 and UK DWI approved.
1000 liters of finished water or 50 liters of raw water can be sampled with one filter, providing high sensitivity.
- The Filta-Max system has been specifically designed to optimize both the capture and recovery of the waterborne pathogens, Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- The filter is made of open-cell foam discs that have been compressed to give a nominal porosity for the capture of Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- After sampling, the foam is decompressed, enabling the captured organisms to be recovered by a simple washing and concentration procedure.
- Consistently recovers greater than 70% of target organisms.
- High volumes of both finished water (1000 liters) and raw water (50 liters) can be filtered to provide greater sensitivity.
- Samples can be concentrated to 25mL without centrifugation.
- The filter operates at sampling flow rates of up to 4 liters per minute.
- US EPA Method 1623 and UK DWI approved.
- More Cryptosporidium and Giardia tests are done worldwide using the Filta-Max system than all other filtration technologies combined.
How to Use Filta-Max
Connect the housing to the required water source for sampling.
Remove the filter module from the housing.
Place the module in a wash station and wash with elution buffer.
Concentrate the wash buffer using a 3-µm membrane.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 to give a final volume of 25 ml.